My name is Brett Borders and I am a CBD copywriter based in Palm Beach County, Florida, USA. I’ve taken CBD oil since 2014 (when there were only two companies selling it) and it had miraculous, life-changing effects on me. Since then I’ve tried over 100 brands and products. In the process, I’ve developed a nuanced understanding of the product market and the psychology of CBD customers.
While I am a writer at heart, my professional background is heavy in SEO & social media marketing. My digital marketing skills and instincts have been honed over years of hardcore, “Mission Impossible” jobs and projects where I had to rank pages for competitive keywords or create effective viral content in order to keep the lights on. I’ve also worked and trained one-on-one with some of the top digital marketers in the world.
What Others Are Saying About Me:
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude
- Southern Oregon University, Certificate in Internet Marketing & eCommerce
- Dreyfoos School of the Arts (H.S.), Communications major
Japanese Language Proficiency Test, Level 3
Fitness, juggling, dance, gardening, Asian cooking
- In 2004, I got a job as a copywriter for a small ad agency in Oregon. I received positive feedback from corporate marketing manager clients who strongly encouraged me to make a career out of it.
- In 2006, I enrolled at Southern Oregon University for an on-campus Certificate in Interactive Marketing & e-Commerce program where I fell in love with direct marketing. I acquired and studied rare books, videos and swipe files by copywriting legends Eugene Schwartz, Gary Bencivenga, John Carlton & Joe Sugarman as if my life depended on it.
- In 2007, I started working as an in-house SEO consultant for a web development agency in Boulder, CO.
- From 2008 to 2010, I worked as the SEO Strategist for HybridCars.com– the web’s #1 “green” car site. I grew the site’s traffic by 80% by creating linkbait & authority content articles. My SEO specialty was link building.
- From 2008- 2012 I self-published one of the web’s first social media blogs – SocialMediaRockstar.com. I grew the site to over 30,000 unique visitors per month and just a few dozen shy of 10,000 subscribers using linkbait and viral marketing. My headlines generated massive clicks and shares.
- My articles on internet marketing have been featured in MOZ and Search Engine Land, which are leading ‘trade journals’ in the digital marketing industry.
- I worked so relentlessly as a digital marketer that I burned out from stress in 2012 and took a break from “tech” (while working in real estate). I studied natural health for thousands of hours and spent upwards of $25,000 on nutritional supplements. I healed myself in the process and became far stronger, healthier and cognitively sharper than ever before!
- In January 2019, I began working as a full-time nutritional supplement copywriter for a California company. All of my past marketing, copywriting and natural health experiences combine into an unbroken state of “flow.” This is who I am and what I do, effortlessly and naturally!
What I Can Do For You:
I love to write website sales copy, product descriptions, website content, blogs, mail packages, video scripts and sales letters, landing pages, marketing e-mails & newsletters, flash sales & promotions, white papers, FAQs, product naming, product packaging, promotional materials & press releases. Just as importantly, I can also write articles and guest blog posts to promote your brand on other websites.